- This event has passed.
WRITING THE HERO’S JOURNEY
September 20, 2017 @ 9:00 am - December 6, 2017 @ 5:00 pm€275
- An Amazing Journey into the Creative Writing Experience!
- INTENSIVE 12 WEEK Creative Writing COURSE
- 20 September- 6th December (12 weeks)
- THE ULTIMATE WRITING COURSE FOR UNLEASHING YOUR CREATIVE TALENT AND CRAFTING YOUR WRITING!
- This is an intensive writing course which is aimed at those who are beginning, or continuing their writing practice.
- THERE WILL BE SOME GUEST WRITERS SPEAKING, BUT THE MAJORITY OF TUITION WILL BE WITH SIOFRA O’DONOVAN, A PUBLISHED AUTHOR, JOURNALIST AND CREATIVE WRITING FACILITATOR FOR OVER 12 YEARS. SHE WORKS WITH THE WRITERS IN SCHOOLS SCHEME/ POETRY IRELAND, THE WRITERS IN PRISONS SCHEME/ ARTS COUCIL OF IRELAND AND IS MEMBER OF THE TEACHING COUNCIL OF IRELAND.
- DATES of the COURSE: SEPT- 20th- DEC 6th WEDNESDAYS AT 10-12PM IN THE NOVARA CENTRE http://www.thenovaracentre.ie/practitioners/siofra-o-donovan/, BRAY, CO WICKLOW
- COST: 12 WEEK TERM: 275 EURO, PAYABLE IN TWO INSTALLMENTS.
- TO SECURE A PLACE ON THE COURSE, A DEPOSIT OF 100 EURO will be paid.
- Early Bird IF BOOKED IN FULL BY 10TH SEPTEMBER: 250 EURO INSTEAD OF 275 EURO
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or www.siofraodonovan.com
The first term of 12 weeks focusses the archetypal Hero’s Journey, which we will write experientially in workshops, using the 12 steps of the Hero’s Journey, a blueprint for all stories, myths and movies!
- We will also learn how to edit and improve the writing we do, using particular excercies, drawing from Natalie Goldberg’s Writing Down the Bones, and Pat Schneider’s The Writer as an Artist and Julia Cameron’s The Artists’ Way.
- The work done on the course is experimental and there is no pressure to produce a perfect book/ screenplay, but support will be offered in the form of advice regarding querying agents and publishers, should the writer wish to take this route with the work they have created on the course.
I found this course to be extraordinary. I thought it would be useful to help me find structure to the stories I write. It was much more, it was quite a personal journey; challenging, rewarding, inspirational. Siofra creates an atmosphere of such creativity, a safe space to write, a place where we could push past boundaries and self doubt. After one session, I felt inspired to write at home, so I sat and wrote a short story called A Dance with Time. Subsequently that story was longlisted for the Colm Tobin Short Story.
– Zandra C.The Hero’s Journey Writing Workshops in the Novara Centre from 2016- 2017